AD ASTRA PER ASPERA

Recently I've been on the lookout for birthday presents for my mom. She's turning 50 this March and I wanted to get her something with meaning, thoughtfulness, and good luck. So when looking around and pondering different things, I found this site that you could plug in coordinates and a date, and it would give you the constellations and placement of the stars that exact date and place. I thought this was the best thing ever and decided to get this for my mom, but my issue was that I couldn't find a good enough quote to place at the bottom (it was offered when you plug in the date). This is when I journeyed through Pinterest for hours, but I still couldn't find anything I liked. Although before long, I figured I would use my Latin education on mottos and find a meaning one for my quote instead. Obviously, it had to be about stars and meaningful, so my choices were pretty limited, but this didn't stop me. After more hours of constant searching, I finally agreed to use "Ad Astra Per Aspera". This means "to the stars through difficulties". Now I've ordered my print and I'm awaiting its arrival in the mail; I'm so excited.

Cat Grayson
2/12/19   

Image result for stars

No comments:

Post a Comment