Latin Blog Post Jackson Harris B3

Jackson Harris


Throughout Dallas, you can see the ways that Roman Culture has had an impact on the architecture in this city. While driving home from school after practice yesterday I had to take a weird route home because of all the traffic on both 635 and the Toll Way. I decided to drive down Inwood. During this drive, you go past lots of big houses with interesting styles. One of the houses caught my eye while I was cruising down the wet and crowded road.  It was a house with Roman columns in the front. I forgot about it but then the traffic ground to a halt and the house was still in my view.  I studied it intently and remembered the presentation one of my classmates did during class a while ago. This column was clearly an Ionic column. The spirals at the top had an interesting flair they were also about 15 feet high. These columns were a big part of the Roman culture and are one of the pieces of architecture that have stood the test of time. You can see these columns in pictures of the Colosseum, where carving and statues once stood proudly and looked over the city of Rome. 

No comments:

Post a Comment