Latin everyday Alec

while I was at camp this summer my cabin and I were jumping off diving boards, this was one of our activity's. I was about to do a back flip which I never do because I am scared to death of flipping backwards for some reason, then right before I was about to jump one of my friends yelled Carpe Diem!!! I totally backflopped but I was surprised that my friend knew what Carpe Diem meant and used it in good context, later I found out that everyone from my cabin that lived in Austin that went to public schools took Latin and we all just started joking around and yelling random Latin words. But every time someone was about to do something cool or risky we would all go "Carpe Diem bro" because of that one moment. Carpe Diem means to seize the day or in our camp terms, "just go for it".

No comments:

Post a Comment