Mottos: Natasha Silverlieb

So one day I was sitting in class, really bored. So I pulled out of pocket the only thing I had in there, which was a one dollar bill, cause I'm broke and don't have anything greater than that. I started looking at it and noticed the saying "Annuit Coeptis". I got interested so I looked it up and the literal definition of it means "favors undertakings" and it is said that it also means "he favors our undertakings". To get to that you can break up the word and Annuit means favors and Coeptis means undertakings. Some background on the meaning is in 1782 by Charles Thomson, one of, the Founding Fathers was given the task to choose the final design for the seal of the United States. Then on June 20, 1782, Congress approved the design and it became official.

No comments:

Post a Comment