Latin Blog Post- October

An example of roman culture in modern day that I came across was a tee shirt with the saying "Carpe Diem" on it. This was not the first time I have seen a shirt with a latin phrase or a latin culture reference either. The phrase "Carpe Diem" comes from Horace's injunction which appears in the Odes. This phrase can be translated, most commonly, as seize the day. The use of roman culture involved in modern context is very interesting to see because the modern society is actually influenced a lot from the past and roman culture. The modern culture has been evolved from the early roman culture a lot more than I than I expected because of the many roman influenced things I observed while looking for an idea for this blog post. Having background from latin and roman culture I was able to notice when things are influenced by the early roman culture.

Grace



https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/1731691-carpe-diem
https://www.britannica.com/topic/carpe-diem

No comments:

Post a Comment