Roman Culture in Modern Culture (October Blog Post)

Roman Culture in Modern Culture

     When I was trying to come up with an idea for this blog post, I saw my brother reading a Percy Jackson book. I curiously asked him what the book was about and he rolled his eyes and replied with, "Mira, you're taking Latin, you should know what Percy Jackson is about." With this remark and research I realized that the series of Percy Jackson and the Olympians is based on the concept of Greek mythology. The name of the book that my brother was reading is called "The Mark of Athena" and I knew that this title was perfect for the October blog post. The series Percy Jackson and the Olympians is about a boy named Percy who's dad is Poseidon and his mother a mortal. The use of Roman culture in this context is humorous because Riordan was able to incorporate mythology into a book series for all ages. Roman culture is also significant in this modern context because many Greek gods and goddess are brought up in this intriguing series. 

Picture 

Mira Foshee

No comments:

Post a Comment