October Blog Post: Roman Culture in modern Culture

I am not the biggest football fan, but when I do watch it I have a great time. This weekend I am going to a Baylor football game. As I was thinking about the game I remembered how cool Baylors stadium was. I was looking at a pictures when I realized that I looks a lot like the Colosseum. The Colosseum was a stadium where people in Rome could come and watch the games, such as fighting. Now we don't have roman gladiator games now, but we do use stadiums where games and sports take place. Modern people, obviously, took the idea of the Colosseum to create stadiums. The Colosseum has a circular/oval shape that has a large flat platform in the middle and a bunch of seats and stands above the flat stadium at the bottom. Stadiums now have this same look, a flat platform at the bottom, and stands and seats above it. The Roman Culture was a very big influence on the Modern culture and the Colosseum and Football stadiums are a perfect example.
-Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment