Blog Post #3

So, in Geometry we were discussing complementary and supplementary angles in our class. I had this enlightenment kind-of idea, it really sparked in my mind. I remembered that comparatives and superlatives are to compare to and be superior to. More and most, which I realized has a similar effect as well.  For example, if two angles' measures equal 90, then they are complementary, further stating that they are more, and same for supplementary with the value of 180. Com- and Sup-, thee two prefixes connect these two ideas from across the plane of subjects. Language really does have a way with communicating the same idea through different means and different subjects for that matter. This was a discovery on my end, and I would like to continue making such enlightening discoveries as the year progress and my Latin knowledge and comprehension increases beyond the expectation.

No comments:

Post a Comment