Latin everyday 3


In this show the supernatural I was casually watching it one night when a episode about the vestal virgins came on. It was about these people that  pledged to say virgins then lost it have been going missing. It was super odd because I was watching it and it sounded oddly familiar the monster that was taking the people had them in this underground cave where they were slowly going to die of hunger. I was watching it and I was thinking that sounds just like the Vestal Virgins and what happens to them when they break their vow. Then they found out later in the episode that it actually was Vesta the goddess of the hearth that was kidnapping people and burying them alive. I just found it really funny how I figured out it was Vesta before the people in the show could. It just shows that we use latin in new odd ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment