Latin in English Class

Latin in English I

           A couple days ago, we were assigned a paper with set paragraphs to write about. Because we are currently reading the Odyssey, all the page numbers are in Roman numerals. A bunch of people in my class were confused about what page number everything was on. Most of the students in my class aren't in Latin, so Mr. Schmidt used the last 10 minutes of class to explain Roman numerals. In 7th grade, we learned about numerals, so I already knew what they meant I used the extra time to go through my book and find quotes. I felt very proud of myself that I knew what the numerals were. The one thing I would like to know, is why there are Roman numerals in a Greek book.



Examples of the numerals in my Odyssey book

Sophie Pong


No comments:

Post a Comment