Latin in School

Jefferson Ratliff

Latin was extremely helpful when I took the PSAT. When it came time to take the Grammer section of the test. I was able to recognize and define many of the words by using my background knowledge on Latin roots and their meanings. It has been helpful overall in my English classes. I have a greater understanding of my own language through learning a new one. Latin has had a massive influence on English that I had failed to recognize before taking Latin 1 and II. Weil reading many pieces of Literature for English class it had become clear to me the influence that not just the Lattin language but culture as well has affected Europe and its linguistic landscape. Latin is present in almost every aspect of academia and despite its age, it is still a large presence in the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment