Latin In Other Subjects

       Last year in humanities class we would have these vocabulary quizzes about once a week. Often while studying for these vocabulary quizzes I would see derivatives that I have seen before from latin class. This would often help me memorize not only the English but the latin word too. It was so cool to be able to relate my other language course to my English class and be able to use my knowledge of latin for the better in that class. Knowing latin definitely helped me out a lot not only in vocabulary but also in other things such as grammar. Knowing the latin helped me notice things like the prefixes and suffixes of different words. Being able to make this connection was so cool and it showed me how doing latin is everywhere not and not only in class.

- Grace Moundas

No comments:

Post a Comment