Miles Post Jan 31

A time that latin has helped me in school was when, in english class my sophomore year, a bonus question on a vocabulary quiz was to form a verb into a participle. I did not know what the participle was exactly in english, but because of latin I knew I had to give the verb an -ing ending. I decided to give the verb I was supposed to make into a participle an -ing ending and when I got the quiz back I had gotten the bonus point right. I knew the participle ending because we had recently had a quiz which asked me to tell what a verb that was in the perfect passive participle had meant and I had gotten it wrong, however this is what made me remember I had to put the -ing ending on the verb in english, which I transferred over into my english class for the bonus point. Making this connection made me feel like maybe at some point latin will come much more useful to me in my pursuit of education. That was the time I used something I had learned in latin into a different class.
-Miles Cuban

No comments:

Post a Comment