Latin in World Religions

One class that I have used Latin in a lot would be world religions. Almost every day we hear a reference to Latin, whether it be new Latin or in some sort of ancient text.  One major point was when we were talking about the word philia, and the different types of friendships and love. Dr. Blue was asking if anyone knew the different kinds of philia, meaning friendship. I knew from what I've learned in Latin, that it meant a sort of brotherly love and strong connection. when i could make these connections it made me feel smarter than I was in that moment since I didn't know what the context was, just the Latin word. Knowing Latin helped me when he made other connection with the roots of words and the meanings of those words.
Natasha Silverlieb

No comments:

Post a Comment